AskNicely allows you the ability to use your own, established Twilio account to send SMS surveys and messages to your Contacts. Simply add your unique credentials into the Twilio App in AskNicely to start sending SMS surveys!
Know Before You Go
- Using your own Twilio Credentials will not allow AskNicely and AskNicely Support to assist with some troubleshooting for SMS delivery issues without assistance from your Twilio Admin to provide log data.
- Sender Numbers can only be associated with a single Messaging Service. Please refer to Twilio’s Regulatory Guidelines for Countries to understand your sender options.
- US and Canadian SMS Messaging Services are still required to have Campaigns registered and verified within Twilio, as per their policy. Please ensure that you are following all requirements in order to prevent any sending issues.
- Billing for your per SMS usage will be done directly through Twilio.
Access your Twilio Console and navigate to the Main Page with your Account Info.
In a separate window, open your AskNicely and navigate to the App Store > Search “Twilio”.
Where prompted, enter your Account SID and Auth Token.
Option 1: Creating an AskNicely Messaging Service (Recommended)
Within your Twilio instance, create a new Messaging Service with the Friendly Name
AskNicely. When validating the Messaging Service SID, AskNicely will automatically add
- an account-specific Webhook Request URL
- an account-specific Delivery Status Callback URL
This will allow you to have two-way capabilities when communicating with Contacts, allowing you to receive text replies from Contacts when Users engage with them, either in a Response Reply or Workflow:
Permitted Users can correspond with Contacts directly within the Response. Keeping all of that communication in one place!
SMS Workflows can automate required follow-up based on a specified ruleset
Option 2: Existing Messaging Services
Enter your existing Messaging Service SID where prompted and click “Save” to validate.
Only one-way, outgoing SMS messages are enabled by default. No reply SMS messaging from Contacts will be returned within AskNicely.
Please reach out to our Support Team to assist with adapting the webhook settings in your Twilio account to enable two-way messaging.