***PLEASE NOTE: Enabling the Intercom Messenger Chat Surveys requires assistance from the AskNicely support team. Please reach out to support@AskNice.ly if you would like this feature.***
With AskNicely's Intercom Messenger integration, you can trigger feedback surveys inside the Intercom Messenger window, granting you the ability to instantly capture the customer experience of working within that tool.
Connecting the AskNicely NPS Chat App for Intercom Messenger
The first step when installing the AskNicely NPS Chat App is to connect your AskNicely and Intercom accounts together. When you connect your accounts, we won't send any action immediately - you'll have a chance to make sure everything is ready to go before sending your surveys.
When in your Intercom account, select 'App Store' from the menu on the left, then 'Messenger Apps', and then 'AskNicely NPS Chat'. Choose the 'Install Now' option.
Choose 'Connect' from the screen that shows next.
Sign in to your AskNicely account.
Successfully connecting your accounts will take you back to Intercom.
Sending Surveys in Intercom Messenger
Now that the AskNicely NPS Chat App for Messenger is installed you will be able to include an NPS survey in any message you send to customers in-app, including:
- One to one conversations in progress
- Manual messages
- Auto messages
An example would be scheduling an in-app message containing a survey to customers who meet the criteria "NPS-response last occurred more than 90 days ago" or "NPS-response count less than 3".
When composing the message, you can insert an app in the same way you'd insert an image or button.
The message is now ready to schedule or send.
What Customers See
Customers using your website that meet the criteria set when you created your message containing the AskNicely NPS Chat App, will see a survey like the example below.
The survey question, and feedback topics will be those set in AskNicely, and the colors will be those set for your Intercom Messenger in Intercom.
Frequently Asked Questions
What's the difference between AskNicely's Intercom Integration and the Intercom Messenger App?
The main difference is how surveys are delivered: the Intercom Messenger integration delivers the survey *inside* of the Intercom Messenger chatbot; the regular Intercom integration delivers surveys via email, SMS, or Web Survey.
- The AskNicely NPS Chat App for Intercom Messenger lets you schedule surveys using Intercom's powerful in-built filters and auto messaging, and is delivered inside the Messenger chat window.
- AskNicely's Intercom Integration lets you trigger NPS surveys based on your Intercom "segments", and sends the resulting scores and feedback into Intercom to be saved against the contact record. Surveys are deliverable via email, SMS, or Web Survey.
Can I use the Intercom Messenger App and the AskNicely Intercom Integration together?
- The Integration and the Messenger App are completely separate and can each be used on their own, or together.
How does AskNicely decide who gets what survey template?
- Survey templates are linked to customers by the defined Trigger Field and Custom Data for your customer. Surveys sent by email, and surveys sent by Intercom Messenger App will use the relevant template.
Does my daily schedule limit play a part in how many AskNicely NPS Chat App for Intercom Messenger surveys can be sent?
- No. The daily scheduler only controls email survey sends. Intercom Messenger surveys are triggered within Intercom using Intercom's in-built filters and messaging scheduler.
Within the daily schedule, can I limit how many AskNicely NPS Chat App for Intercom Messenger surveys are sent?
- The daily schedule only controls email and web surveys sent, and has no influence on Intercom Messenger surveys, which are controlled within Intercom.
How will these results look in AskNicely? Will it match the Intercom Segment name?
- The NPS score and feedback results will look the same as other survey result in AskNicely. We do not currently add any custom data showing how a survey was sent.
If we don't have an email address for a customer, but send them a survey in Intercom Messenger, how will this work?
- The customer will receive the survey in Intercom Messenger, but no email workflows will be sent afterward. In AskNicely the customer will appear with their unique ID from Intercom.
Does this work on Mobile Applications?
- Unfortunately the Intercom Messenger App survey doesn't function correctly on mobile applications, specifically iOS devices. The customer will be able to choose a score and type in a comment, but when they click "finish" they get the spinning wheel of death. AskNicely will record their score on your account but no comment will pass through. Unfortunately there is nothing AskNicely can do to fix this as it is an Intercom issue with their functionality.
If a customer receives a survey in Intercom Messenger, and a workflow follow-up is triggered, how will this follow-up be sent?
- Follow-ups triggered in AskNicely would be sent via email.
What happens when I manually send an AskNicely NPS Chat survey in Intercom to a user who's not imported into AskNicely?
- A new person will be created in AskNicely, however they will not have any custom data associated.
How can I filter results between AskNicely's email surveys, website surveys from my website, and Intercom Messenger app surveys?
- We do not currently add any custom data showing how a survey was sent so you are not able to filter between delivery methods yet.