JobAdder is a beautiful, easy to use recruitment platform for recruitment and staffing agencies and in-house recruiters. Our JobAdder integration allows you to apply the Net Promoter Score framework to both the Candidate and Client experience, helping you gain valuable insight into your recruitment processes.
Connecting AskNicely to JobAdder
The first step when integrating AskNicely and JobAdder is to connect your accounts together. When you connect your accounts, we won't send any action immediately - you'll have a chance to make sure everything is ready to go before sending your first survey.
1. Make sure you're logged in to both your AskNicely and JobAdder accounts, then hit the 'Set up' button on the integration page.
2. Continue to click through the prompts to connect your accounts. You'll be prompted to allow AskNicely offline access to your JobAdder data (so that we can sync your data daily, even when you're not online).
3. If the connection is successful, you'll be redirected back into AskNicely on your JobAdder Integration configuration screen.
Configuring the Integration in AskNicely
Once your integration is connected, you will want to update your import settings. Your Job Adder app can be found on the App Store > Installed Apps page - click the app, then click "Configure", then "Edit."
On the "Edit" screen, you should see a list of job application statuses. (See screenshot below.)
In the configuration shown in the screenshot above, none of the statuses are selected, so no candidates are synced into AskNicely. Select one or more statuses, and "Save Changes". This will import your JobAdder contact data into AskNicely's Contacts page.
Not seeing the Status you want to bring into AskNicely?
Job Statuses are configured in JobAdder - the statuses
that will be imported into AskNicely are set to be 'Closed'
statuses in the Admin section of JobAdder. To make a Job Status
"Closed", find the Status configuration page in JobAdder then
check the "Closed" checkbox next to the JobAdder Status you wish
to bring into AskNicely.
AskNicely will sync your Contacts from JobAdder once a day. The integration will only import Contacts that match the Statuses you chose AND Contacts that have been updated in the last 24 hours.
Creating Survey Templates for each Status
Once you have synced some of the Job Statuses into AskNicely, the next thing you should do when setting up your AskNicely <> JobAdder integration is to create Survey Templates for each of your Statuses.
- In AskNicely, go to Surveys > Manage Templates.
- Set your "Trigger Field" to "Segment."
- If you look at your contacts on the Contacts page, you will see that the contact's Job Status populates the "Segment" column. Job Status = Segment in AskNicely.
- By setting the Trigger Field to "Segment", you are ensuring that each Segment will receive its own Survey Template.
- Click the "Add Survey Template" dropdown, then click any Segment to create a Survey Template.
- Repeat as necessary until each Segment has its own status.
- Configure the "Survey Start" page and the "Survey" page for each Survey Template.
When these steps have been completed, you are ready to send your Surveys!
Automatically Sending Surveys
When your JobAdder is initially set up, your surveys will not be automatically sent to synced candidates. They will just be added to your Contact page and will stay there until you turn on the "Automatically send survey to imported candidates" (this is our recommended approach), or if you turn on a Send Scheduler to send your surveys.
To follow our recommended approach and send surveys automatically as soon as a person's status is changed in JobAdder, you can change this by switching the Automatically send survey to imported candidates toggle to "YES."
In this example configuration, candidates whose applications move into one of the selected statuses will automatically receive a survey two days after they are unsuccessful/placed. Surveys will be sent at 11pm local time.
Seeing Responses in JobAdder
When a candidate responds to your AskNicely survey, their score and any comment they leave are pushed back into JobAdder. This allows you to see valuable feedback without leaving the JobAdder application.
These responses will show as a note with a type of "AskNicely Response" - you can use this to filter or search for them specifically. They will show as 'created by' the user that connected the JobAdder integration.
Response notes will also be linked to both the job application and the candidate. This means you can see all the feedback for a specific job from the notes panel on any specific job page.
Let us know if this help doc left out anything important by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you!