Microsoft Dynamics is one of AskNicely's most powerful and robust integrations. There are five steps to establishing a strong two-way sync with Microsoft Dynamics and AskNicely - following these instructions in order will
1. Connect Your MS Dynamics account to AskNicely
(1) Log into your AskNicely account
(2) Click on the App Store (house icon bottom left) > Integrate > Microsoft Dynamics.
(3) Begin configuring the integration.
(4) If you are prompted to log in to Microsoft Dynamics, please do so.
(5) When asked to grant AskNicely permission to Dynamics, click "Accept"
(6) You will be returned to AskNicely's Dynamics integration page.
(7) Follow the on-screen instructions for importing AskNicely's managed solution into your Dynamics instance.
2. Create "Saved View" in Dynamics
To bring your contacts into AskNicely in order to send them surveys, we will want to sync AskNicely with "Saved Views" in MS Dynamics. The Saved View can be all of your contacts in one large group, or you can have multiple Saved Views.
If you have very different "segments" of your business (for example, an online store and a consulting business), it would be our recommendation to bring those two groups into AskNicely as their own Saved Views. Saved views should only contain a list of eligible contacts that you would like to survey.
(a) Click the filter icon to open Advanced Find
(b) Click "Details" in the top ribbon and configure your criteria as desired
(c) Click "Edit Columns" in the top ribbon, then "Add Columns" to configure which fields are included in the report. We recommend the following fields, plus any custom segmenting variables that will be helpful for your business:
- First Name
- Last Name
- Contact ID (included automatically when "Look for" is set to Contacts)
- Account ID ("Parent Account" via Company Name (Account) record type)
- Other suggestions:
- Product_type: What did your customers buy? This way, we will have an NPS score for each product you sell.
- Service_type or Interaction_type: Did your customers have a sales call? A technical onboarding meeting? A support ticket?
- State or Region: This will provide you with an NPS score per location, which can be useful in identifying supply chain issues.
(d) Click "Results" in the top ribbon to test the above configurations.
(e) When you're ready, Click "Save As" and name your new view.
3. Configure the sync in AskNicely
(a) Go to AskNicely's Dynamics integration page.
(b) Select your saved view from the dropdown and click Add.
(c) Choose which view columns should be imported to which AskNicely fields, then click Confirm Matches.
(d) Click <Sync> to import contacts now, or wait for the nightly sync
(e) Turn the "Triggered" toggle on if you wish to send surveys immediately when Contacts are brought into AskNicely. If you leave it Off, your contacts will just be brought in with this sync, then you can use a Send Scheduler on our Send page (paper airplane icon) to actually send out the surveys.
After importing your Contacts with our Microsoft Dynamics integration, follow the steps below to display your NPS responses on the Contact layout within Dynamics:
Step 4: Display the contact's most recent response
- Within Dynamics, view an individual contact
- In the top menu, click <FORM>
- Select your desired tab (e.g. "Summary")
- Click the INSERT tab at the top and select Section > One Column
- Double-click the new section to change its label to "Most Recent NPS".
- In the right column's Field Explorer, double-click the NPS fields to add them to the form.
- Double-click the NPS Comment field to configure it to display more than 1 row of text.
- Click to save then publish.
Step 5: Display all responses for the contact
- On the same screen as above, select the tab and section as desired.
- Click the INSERT tab and select Sub-Grid.
- Under Data Source, set Entity to "AskNicely Responses".
- Click <New>, enter a name, and then click Add Columns.
- Select the desired columns, e.g. Responded, Comment, etc.
- Save your new view, then select it from the list.
- Click to save then publish.
Please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org if you need further assistance or if our Microsoft Dynamics documentation is out of date. Thank you.