The Filter Bar is a treasure trove of information that allows you to not only pick and choose the specific customer feedback data you're looking for, but also to save specific views and get weekly email updates on the information that is most important to you.
PLEASE NOTE: Our filters are very "sticky!" If you add a filter on the Dashboard or Responses page, it will stay there until you remove it. So, if your Dashboard or Responses page ever looks odd, or if something seems to be missing, check the filters and adjust them as needed. 😎
What Filters are available?
These are common filters applied across all AskNicely accounts and include the following:
- Rating Type: isolate a rating based on the metric you're currently viewing
- Comments: whether a customer has left a comment along with their score, or if this has been left blank
- Notes: if there are notes on customer feedback
- Messaged: if the customer has received a message from your team or not (includes workflows), and whether they have replied.
- Published: if you've requested a customer comment to be published as a testimonial and they've accepted.
- Case Status: if there is an open, or closed conversation with a customer
- Hashtag: Any internal hashtags you've used to track data
- My Starred: within the AskNicely Mobile app, you can isolate specific Responses for quick viewing
Play around with these data filters and see what stories the data has to tell you - and remember, if your Dashboard or Responses looks strange or like something is missing, make sure to check and see if you have any filters enabled.
Include or exclude certain types of responses
You can use the IS filter to only include responses that fit one (or more) criteria, and the IS NOT filter to exclude them. If your data contains a numerical range, you can use GREATER THAN or LESS THAN as filters as well. Some data points also contain an Empty field, which will allow you to include or exclude responses that did not provide an answer to that particular question.
These filters also work with multiple data points in the same field.
Slice And Dice Your Data By Stacking Filters
Our filters allow you to sort multiple data points at the same time.
- See detractors, who have left a comment, but have not received a message
- See promoters, who have left a comment, and are in a particular region
- See all customers, who have a note on their feedback, but have not been messaged yet by your team
Saving a Filter
Once you have filtered the information you need, you can save this view in "My Filters".
Getting Digest Emails for Saved Filters
When saving a particular filter you have the option of also receiving a daily/weekly/monthly digest by email.
[Admins Only] Saving Filters Across a User Role
Provide all Users across a specific User Role the same Saved Filter by selecting them from your available Roles. Individual Users may still create their own custom Saved Filters.
Is there a "best" time period to filter by?
- reinforcing something positive your organization is doing (ex: "In the last 6 months, our NPS for our Support Team has gone way up!")
- challenging the current way of doing things (ex: "Our customer promise says that we will always be responsive, but our "Responsiveness" theme in the last 3 months shows that we are missing the mark on that front.")
- identifying areas of improvement (ex: "In the last year, customers are saying that there have been many more shipping problems."
- highlighting changes based on a specific event (ex: "Since we launched our onboarding process 3 months ago, our Support NPS has gone up!")
Please reach out to the Support Team (email@example.com) if you need assistance.