Leaderboards and Filters are two of AskNicely's key tools for slicing, dicing, parsing, and pulling apart your Response data.
Every single Leaderboard and Filter is created when you import a field into AskNicely from your Data Source (either API, 3rd Party Integration, or CSV). All of the fields that you import can be seen on the Contacts page. Using the Contact "Caity Nickleback" as an example....
- We can see that she has three data values in her "Custom Data" column: "Sales", "France", and "csv."
- Hovering over the value of "Sales", we can see that the field name is "Department." Hovering over "France" shows us the 2nd field name is Country.
- "csv" is the "Import Source" field, which is an AskNicely field describing how the Contact was imported. This will not create a Leaderboard/Filter.
- These fields (Department, Country) now will be available as Leaderboards and Filters.
If you want to have more Leaderboards and Filters, you will need to bring in more fields into AskNicely via your Data Source (either API, 3rd Party Integration, or CSV).
- If you are importing your Contacts with a CSV file, you will need additional column headers on your spreadsheet. (Column Header = field; individual row values below that column = values.)
- If you are importing your Contacts via API, you will need to connect with the Developer that built your API connection and ask them to include additional fields in the API call they are using to send surveys with AskNicely.
- If you are importing via 3rd Party Integration, find your Integration in the AskNicely App Store (storefront icon above the gear in the bottom left) and follow instructions to import additional fields, if possible.
- If your 3rd Party Integration only allows the import of a set amount of fields (Shopify for example), you can re-import your contacts via the CSV Importer with additional data fields as long as you import an email column (OR an SMS column if you are sending SMS surveys); contact the Support Team if you need assistance with this.
Want less Leaderboards and Filters?
You can use the Settings > Data Management page to hide Leaderboards and Filters from the Dashboard. All you need to do is find the field on the Data Management page and check the "Visible" box to the right of that field. Hiding these Filters / Leaderboards will not delete them - you can always go back to this page and restore them if you wish.
Questions or Comments?
This article is very nuts and bolts, but was hopefully helpful! Please let us know if you have any suggestions for improvements at firstname.lastname@example.org or by leaving a comment below.