After enabling the Salesforce integration, many users add the AskNicely tab to Salesforce. This allows the AskNicely dashboard to be viewed without leaving Salesforce and provides the same filtering and leaderboard functionality available on the AskNicely website.
If a user views the AskNicely page in Salesforce, AskNicely checks the email address of the person viewing it, and checks to see if that email address is a registered user on the AskNicely account. If the email address matches, then they will be given all of the rights and visibility that they have in AskNicely.
If the email addresses do not match, and there is no user with that email address in the AskNicely account, then we will create a read-only user account assigned to them.
These read-only users created from salesforce DO NOT count against the limit to your user licenses
Setting it up consists of two steps: (1) configuring access and (2) adding the tab:
1. Configuring access
(1) Click on Setup in the top menu of Salesforce and select Manage Apps from the Administer Bar then Connected Apps
(2) Find AskNicely in the list and click "Edit"
(3) Under OAuth Policies, confirm Permitted Users is set to "Admin approved users are pre-authorized" then click save
(4) Back on the Connected App page, click on "AskNicely" name/link this time
(5) Scroll down to the Profiles section and click "Manage Profiles"
(6) Tick the box next to all the profiles you would like to have access to the AskNicely Dashboard. If you're not sure, see the below suggestions:
(7) Click "Save"
2. Adding the Tab in Salesforce
(1) Click the plus/add tab in the tab bar
(2) Click "Customize My Tabs"
(3) Move "AskNicely" from Available Tabs to Selected Tabs
(4) Click "Save"